Tuesday 8 May 2012

Holiday = DIY time

Hi everyone. Since it is the very first piece, I'd like to start the blog with something personal-- my hobby of doing DIY accessories. I'd been collecting picture of LizLisa's and Fairy Kei accessories for my reference. (LizLisa is my favourite Japanese brand, in wearable Hime Gal style~)  Here are some of them:



All of them are so pretty~~but too expensive for me. T^T
So after exam, I started making my own accessories:

Fairy Kei bracelets x 8
Beads were age-old stock, because I used to do beading (串珠仔) back in primary 6.
I am supposed to throw them away when I move house, but lucky I haven't XP.

Floral bracelet
Originally, I want to glue all 10 large flowers on to the bracelet base to make it really packed,
but I later found that using smaller wired flowers seems to be a better choice. As I can always change damaged flowers away / adding other colours~


Laced ribbon 1
(Well, my friend asked if the inspiration was Indian Princess = =" Of course not!)

Laced ribbon 2
(Thanks for starring, USAKI~)

Floral Headband
This time, the flowers were glued. I don't own any hot-glue-gun, so I visited my friend who has to make it. It looks way better than using needle and thread. But I find that LizLisa use much larger flowers to make...Perhaps I should re-do it~

Bunny ears clip
Although it's not Easter, any girl put on bunny ears still looks cute right~ See Hikari on Popteen (May2012) also wear bunny ears~! I think it should match Fairy Kei style clothing~


I really enjoy making DIY stuff, both alone and with friends around, best with a soft music background and some Earl Gray tea~ Especially good when you have overspent for the month yet want to have some new accessories for mix&match~(Yes, that's me XP)

That's all for now~ my drawer for accessories is too full for more...See you next time! ^v^ /''

1 comment: